On 25th of July, Tortech’s MD; Michael Larkin attended ‘The second panel discussion in UNSW Engineering’s thought leadership series – Engineering the Future”.
The topic of conversation for the evening was to tackle one of the most pressing questions of society today; “Is it too soon to end fossil fuels?”
The following were the panellists for the evening:
- Justine Järvinen (Moderator) | CEO, UNSW Energy Institute
- Rosemary Sinclair AM | CEO, Energy Consumers Australia
- Trevor St Baker | Chair, Sunset Power
- Scientia Professor Martin A. Green | Scientia Professor, UNSW and Director of the Australian Centre for Advanced Photovoltaics
- Greg Combet | Former member of Parliament and Secretary of Australian Council of Trade Unions
The panellists discussed a future driven by alternative energy sources and debated whether we are finally ready to end our dependence on fossil fuels.
The Series Engineering the Future is a flagship thought leadership series regularly presented by UNSW Engineering with the aim of fostering a creative & focused discussion around issues of global and social relevance.