[ISOLATED] American Step Up Transformer
Isolated American Step Up Transformer – Isolation American Step Up transformers are essential for safely running your Australian 240 Volts rated appliance overseas on the American 110/120 Volts rated power mains supply in the USA with additional protection and filtering features.
Our Tortech Isolated transformers include additional features detailed below which are not offered by our Economy model transformer (see here for Economy version).
This model is fully isolated (insulated input to output) through a double wound design and is the only model that provides additional protection for your appliance against voltage spikes in the power supply, as well as helping filter the audio quality for amplifier type equipment.
Note: This model does not include an Earth Screen and is offered here at only 2000 Watts. If you want to have an Earth Screen included or prefer a 500 Watt, 1000 Watt model or other rating, Tortech can manufacture a custom unit by specifying your design requirements here.
These units are Made to Order and are not currently in-stock. There is an approximate lead time of 2 weeks for a unit.
Read more about the important safety differences of Isolated transformers here.
This unit uses a toroidal transformer to convert the 110/120 Volts American mains supply up to 240 Volts American rating, thus allowing your Australian device to run in USA or other similar voltage countries. This unit is not for use with American devices.
Simply plug your transformer into the American power wall socket, and then connect your Aussie device into the Australian power outlet on the unit. Once they are both connected, switch the power on at the wall socket and at the step down unit, and you’re ready to go!
Note – This item is made locally in our Sydney office – thus why box looks different – if not in stock may take 1-2 weeks manufacturing time
- Will allow you to run most Australian 240V equipment overseas off a 110V AC Power Source.
- Step Up Transformer 2000 Watts – Powerful loading capabilities!
- Note – This unit is fully isolated (not Auto transformer).
- This item is Made to Order locally in our Sydney office – thus why box looks different – if not in stock, manufacturing may take up to 1-2 weeks.
- Will allow you to run MOST Australian Equipment Overseas off a 110V AC Power Source.
- Input: 110V 50-60Hz Fused With USA Style 3-Pin Power Cord 1.8m Long.
- Output: 240V 8.3 Amps 2000VA Australian Standard 3-pin power socket.
- Will power most appliances/devices for mobile phones, laptops, printers, TV’s, sound systems, toasters, hair dryers and vacuums.
- If you are unsure about if your appliances is suitable for use with our transformer, please enquire here.
- The Step Up unit will work on both a 50Hz or 60Hz frequency power supply, but cannot change the frequency.
- Please check your 50Hz product will work with 60Hz if this is the case. In most cases this will not be an issue.
- 110V is found in North America (USA/Canada), most South American, and some Asian countries.
Economy Japanese Step Up Transformer – The Economy American Step Up transformers can operate your Australian 240 Volts rated appliance in Japan on the Japanese 100 Volts power mains supply.
Our Tortech Economy transformers include a fuse and thermal cut-out protection to ensure the transformer cannot be overloaded. Our other transformer type Isolated transformer model includes these protection features and more additional features of voltage spike protection and can help assist noise filters (Isolated version only available as custom order here).
This model is a single wound toroidal transformer, and is designed to only convert the voltage from 100 Volts Japan mains supply up to 240 Volts Australian rating, thus allowing your Australian device to run in Japan.
Note: The USA input power maximum that is available is 15 amps. This means 15A x 100v = 1500 Watts is the highest wattage that can be operate on the American wall socket outlets. This unit is not designed for Japanese Devices. If you do require a custom made Japanese Step Up transformers with a higher or different power rating, please enquire here.
Simply plug your transformer into the Japanese power wall outlet and then connect your Aussie device into the power socket on the unit. Once they are both connected, switch the power on at the wall socket and for the step down unit, and you’re ready to go!
We Offer Quality Service.
At TorTech, we offer assistance in selecting the right voltage converter for you! Our team of specialised engineers are happy to examine your product and assist in helping pair you with our recommended voltage converter out of a wide range of stock. If you are experiencing any difficulties from our transformers with your product, we can help resolve the issue by testing both the transformer and product at TorTech. We aim to ensure you can continue running your appliance without any problems.