Cast resin isolation transformers can be used in installations which require a Fire rating class of F1.
The transformers are designed to operate under natural convection of air. They can also be manufactured with a cross flow fan for controlled by the temperature controller for forced cooling to allow operation under extreme Australian conditions.
Cast resin transformer range is commonly used for Photovoltaic grid systems, Railway and UPS isolation systems. The transformers are routine tested for partial discharge <10pC and can also be impulse tested up to 400kV
- This transformer is rated F1 fire behaviour class, it is fire retardant and pollution free and can be directly installed close to load.
- Maintenance free transformer and allows simple installation and low operating cost
- This transformer shows excellent resistance to moisture and operates normally in regions with relative humidity of 100%.
- This transformer design features compact size and weight, low loss and noise level, high mechanical strength, low partialdischarge (under 10pC).
- The optional temperature probe and control system offers reliable protection to ensure safe operation. The temperature control system can be monitored and controlled by connecting it to a computer through its RS 485 serial interface.
- The transformer conforms to AS 60076 and IEC 726
- This transformer can be overloaded to up to 40% above its nominal rating with the use of cross flow fans.
We live in a world where energy prices are constantly going up every year. Tortech’s solid resin cast transformer series can be built with Amorphous core material. Amorphous cores have typically 50% less no-load losses in contrast to conventional cores (typically 0.6W/Kg). Amorphous cores also run at lower flux density which means that they offer very good performance in installations which are subject to the presence of harmonics. We can also offer the transformer in high-quality cold rolled domain oriented silicon steel which is constructed in steps to reduce the magnetising current. The core is fastened and clamped together to reduce the noise caused due to magneto-striction.
The high voltage winding is constructed by solid cast epoxy which is poured under vaccuum using moulds for different voltage levels. The windings are constructed in a disc formation which provides linear distribution of voltage under impulse conditions. The epoxy is also prepared with a flexible anhydride hardener and a silica mix based filler which is flame retardant and provides F1 fire class rating. The inside and outside of the winding is also constructed using a glass fiber grid which provides mechanical strength and improves the performance under short circuit conditions.
|Rated Power (kVA)||Input / Output Voltage (v)||Frequency (hz)||Insulation Class||Efficiency (Amorphous Core)||Efficiency (CGRO Core)||Dimensions (l x w x h)||Weight||Data Sheet|
|100||11kV / 415V||50/60||F / H / C||98.9||98.4||730mm x 500mm x 816mm||600kg||Download|
|160||11kV / 415V||50/60||F / H / C||99.0||98.4||950mm x 650mm x 1124mm||850kg||Download|
|200||11kV / 22kV / 415V||50/60||F / H / C||99.1||98.6||990mm x 650 x 1164mm||950kg||Download|
|315||11kV / 22kV / 415V||50/60||F / H / C||99.2||98.8||1050mm x 750mm x 1320mm||1250kg||Download|
|500||11kV / 22kV / 415V||50/60||F / H / C||99.3||98.8||1140mm x 800mm x 1430mm||1850kg||Download|
|800||11kV / 22kV / 415V||50/60||F / H / C||99.3||98.8||1330mm x 800mm x 1540mm||2200kg||Download|
|1000||11kV / 22kV / 33kV / 415V||50/60||F / H / C||99.3||98.8||1400mm x 960mm x 1640mm||2750kg||Download|
|1600||11kV / 22kV / 33kV / 415V||50/60||F / H / C||99.3||98.8||1560mm x 960mm x 1840mm||4000kg||Download|
|2000||11kV / 22kV / 33kV / 415V||50/60||F / H / C||99.3||98.8||1680mm x 960mm x 1930mm||4800kg||Download|
|2500||11kV / 22kV / 33kV / 415V||50/60||F / H / C||99.4||98.8||1720mm x 1010mm x 1950mm||5500kg||Download|
To inquire further, please contact our engineering team at: [email protected] or (02) 9642 6003.