Many customers come to Tortech after buying sub standard transformers that do not operate well or a poorly made. No only does this pose risk to your device but to the safety of your home. There is a huge variance in how voltage converter transformers, particularly step down transformers on the market are made.
Please see our video below that compares the quality features of a Tortech Step down transformer.
Tortech ensures it’s transformers are made to the highest standard and comply to relevant legislation and Australian EESS mandatory compliance.
The main difference with Tortech Transformer is that they are rated to run 24 Hours a day! Many customer are unaware the majority of step down transformers on the market have a time limit for their stated rating. Ours do not.
There is NO duty cycle – (a limit of where a transformer can maintain a rating for 1 hour). Always check this!
Tortech Transformer can run CONTINUOSLY as the stated ratings.
The transformer has a lower thermal temperature rise and an increase in material used in the core and windings.
- The majority of our stepdown transformers use toroidal (round / donut shaped) transformers
- These offer numerous benefits over the EI square transformers (used in competing models) – the toroidal transformer offers improved energy efficiency, reduced interference, less noise and minimal hum and reduced idle current
- Tortech units use a thermal cut-out (a safety feature which shuts down the transformer if it gets over temperature) and safety fuse, not simply circuit breaker switch like others, which by itself offers no thermal protection.
- The enamel wire on our transformers is double coated and 180 degree C rated to ensure thermal protection.
- All internal connections are soldered (not crimped) to improve reliability
- LED switch – The function of the Led light on Tortech stepdown transformers is indicative that the fuse has blown and is a helpful diagnostic feature, even though they have a LED switch competitor models may not have this feature.
- The toroidal magnetic cores can not be accessed and are much safer to reduce chance of shock
- For smaller then 150VA where EI transformers configuration is used, the core is earthed for safety purposes. Earthing reduces the chance of electric shock.
- All our Isolated transformers comply with AS NZS 61558 safety standards see here.
Browse our range of step down voltage converter transformers here.