[ECONOMY] Japanese Step Down Transformer
A Step down Transformer is the ideal solution if you have an appliance designed to run on Japan’s 100 volt system but is needed to run on Australia’s 240 volt power.
This transformer converts 240 volts down to 100 volts to allow your Japanese appliance to run in Australia.
Simply plug transformer into the Aussie power socket & the device into the Japan power outlet & your ready to go.
Protect your Japanese appliance – buy a step down that is guaranteed safe:
In-Store Appliance Testing
At TorTech, we encourage all of customers to come visit our office in Greenacre, Sydney for assistance in selecting the right voltage converter for you! Our team of specialised engineers are happy to examine your product and assist in helping pair you with our recommended voltage converter out of a wide range of stock.
If we don’t have a voltage converter in-stock that you require, we can manufacture you a custom transformer that will meet your needs! If you are experiencing any difficulties with our transformers with your product, we can help resolve the issue by testing both the transformer and product at TorTech. We aim to ensure you are satisfied with your decision and continue running your appliance without any problems.
- Converts Voltage down from 240 volt to 100 volt Japanese
- Fully enclosed unit with a white powder coated finish (300W and above)
- Fully enclosed unit with compact black housing (100W only)
- Safety fuse protection (300W and above)
- Auto transformer construction
- 2 power outlets (1000W and above)
|Part Number||Watts||Amps||Dimensions (l x w x h)||Weight||Outlets|
|SD100-100A||100W||1.0A||125mm x 90mm x 70mm||1.42kg||1|
|SD100-300A||300W||3.0A||210mm x 158mm x 115mm||4kg||1|
|SD100-500A||500W||5.0A||210mm x 158mm x 115mm||4.9kg||1|
|SD100-1010A||1010W||10.0A||240mm x 160mm x 130mm||7.39kg||2|
|SD100-1500A||2000W||20.0A||260mm x 185mm x 130mm||12.25kg||2|
If you are unsure about what stepdown you will need please check these questions:
- What is the total watts used by the appliances that is to be connected to the Transformer? Total watts are less than or equal to the VA rating of the below transformer needed.
- Does your appliance have a motor*?
- If a motor is included then this increases power usage from the stepdown – so a 25% extra buffer must be added to the watt requirement
- Does your appliance have a mechanical timing device? If so, how critical is this timing device? If a timing device is included the speed of the device may change due to the frequency change, 60Hz to 50Hz.
- If you know Amps of your device then watts required= Amps x 110v (eg 5Amps x 115 = 575 watts)
- Do you wish to use multiple appliances from one stepdown?
- Check total watts of all devices, this must be less than the VA rating of the stepdown & you will need a USA Power board to run multiple devices. (see our ebay store)
If still unsure please contact us to work out which stepdown transformer you will need.
As Featured on toolreviews.com – read the Independent review of our Stepdowns
Select from our Step downs transformers based on how many watts your device uses.
Choose the transformer rated above your devices watts usage.
E.g: Playstation 3 uses 380 Watts so you need the 500 watt rated stepdown transformer.
If a motor is included then you should select a stepdown rating approx 25% higher than your motor as a buffer.
Motors have a higher power use on the stepdowns and startup currents which need to be allowed for.
Most motors have a rating plate on them with their Power and Amperage rating.
If so, how critical is this timing device?The Transformer cannot change the Frequency. It is 50Hz
If a timing device is included the speed of the device may change due to the frequency change, 60Hz to 50Hz (eg old clocks, motors / fans/microwaves ) Most modern electronic devices should not be affected. Read more about frequency
Calculated as Watts = Amps x 110Volts (eg 5 A x 110 V = 550 watts)
Check total watts of all devices this must be less than the VA (Watt) rating of the stepdown & get a US Powerboard.
100W, 300W, 500W, 1010W, 2000W